Saturday, February 2, 2013

I waited forever ... The Flying Unicorn Challenge January


I love the challenges posted monthly and mid monthly at The Flying Unicorn. They are really great for inspiring you to push your creativity. The forums are great and the design team is incredible.

So for this piece I am still using the December kit with Kaisercraft, Ruby Rock-it and Fabscraps. The small dark blue hot air balloons are transparencies that I painted the backs with acrylic white ink to have them stand out on the darker background. The pages are distressed and inked with with blue and brown Tim Holtz distress inks. I sanded the embossed back page and then used iridescent medium straight and mixed with varied amounts of brown acrylic ink. The effect doesn't photograph well but it is quite shimmery. 
I tore a hole in the blue paper and then rolled the paper to tuck the picture and matting into the tear. Some lovely flowers and I have a layout of my favorite picture of my husband and me. 
This was taken at the Marine Core birthday ball in 2008, I am 4 months pregnant with Myles and we were very happy!







No comments:

Post a Comment